Surprises from Liberia

25 April 2010 Posted by Martin

[Monrovia, Liberia]
After a long journey, I am finally in Liberia.
It's hot - very hot. And humid - very humid. Yet, the rainy season has hardly begun. After few surprises, we finally landed in a missionnary family working with Serving In Missions (SIM). We will stay there for our first week:

Ben and his family are fantastic hosts. They gave us a very good introduction to the country.

Here is my team (Pauline, Norma and Lenhert), ready for our first local adventure: shopping
On our way, we saw a petrol station:
But Liberia has more than one surprise in stock... in the supermarket, I found Roquefort (made by my Dad in South of France) et the coraya surimi (which I packet in my first summer job in Normandy)
I leav you with this nice scenery where I can spend time with God. I make the most of it because next week, we will move to downtown and it won't be that peacefull.

No comments:

Post a Comment