Helicopter crash

28 April 2008 Posted by Martin

[Kiel, Germany]Haa, America and swing dance, this music makes us instinctively swing ... I admit that when a beginner course started two months ago, I was tempted. Not that I am a dance addict, but pushed by the challenge of being able to do something with my feet, I joined this team of swing learners. For several weeks, I felt rather like a lumberjack moving logs at arm's length, not really elegant, but with practice, I begin to remember steps and finaly make some figures...
That's how I got to learn a figure called the helicopter. If you know the game where you attach a rope to one foot and hop on the other foot, you can imagine what does the helicopter look like by replacing the rope with one of the partners (usually the girl). We were having a calm helicopter tour, the take-off had been smooth, everything was going well when suddenly the engine broke, the blades stop turning and my legs moving. I had to land in emergency ... with (fortunately) more fear than harm.
Well, I think I still have to practice...


PS: My swing partner is OK :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment