IT Office

22 April 2008 Posted by Martin

[Kiel, Germany]Since February, I work in the IT office. The most important task is to give support for the entire network of computers. If you often curse your computer don’t worry, you are like the 350 crew members who will agree that computers can be very temperamental.

So every day, I work with my team to solve problems from printers, surveillance cameras, network connections and ensure that the work of my mates is as simple as possible. When my eyes get tired of my screen, I lend a hand in the work of the future library. There, I install cables for Internet and configure the network hardware for the cashiers and the info desk... I am sometimes a little frustrated because my job is to provide support for other teams and I do not see the direct impact that it brings to the outfit of the ship. At the same time, the work is really different from what I have done before and I am so glad to discover all these new things.



No comments:

Post a Comment